Learn some amazing facts about China
How much do you know about China? The vast territory of the vast country is enjoying huge amounts of natural resources and food. There are many billionaires in this country. Researching this country will give you some great information that will go beyond surprises.
Here are some amazing facts about China:
1. 20 million trees are cut down every year to meet the demand for chopsticks. In this country, 60 billion pairs of disposable chopsticks are thrown away every year. These are 20 cm long. Tiananmen Square can be covered 270 times with chopsticks. The trees that are cut are 20 years old.
2. China’s railways will be able to travel around the world twice. The length of the existing railway line is 93 thousand kilometers.
3. The amount of coal reserves in China is equivalent to the weight of 575 million blue whales. One-third of the world’s coal is in China, amounting to 115 billion tons. About 45 percent of the world’s coal is mined in China, and 49 percent is used.
4. The amount of cement produced in China in just two years is more than what the United States produced in the twentieth century. Sixty percent of the world’s cement is produced and used in China.
5. One million Chinese die every year from smoking. According to the World Health Organization, three million people will die each year by 2050.
6. China has natural gas reserves equal to 1.24 billion swimming pools equal to the Olympic swimming pool. It amounts to 109.3 trillion cubic feet.
7. With the amount of noodles eaten in China every year, all Algerians can be fed three meals a day for a whole year. In 2011, 42.5 billion packets of noodles were eaten.
8. Every year in China, pork is eaten equally to the weight of 5,200 Eiffel Towers. In 2012, 52 million tons of pork was consumed and in 2011, 51.7 million tons of pork was eaten.
9. The total wealth of the top 20 richest people in China is more than the GDP of Hungary. Their total assets amount to 145.1 billion. Hungary’s total GDP is ৪ 124 billion.
10. More than 30 million people live in caves in China, more than the population of Saudi Arabia. There are mostly cave dwellers in Sanji Province. Chinese President Xi Jinping lived in a cave in exile in Sanji during the Cultural Revolution.
11. Eight billion pairs of socks are produced every year in China’s Datang District. With the amount of socks made in 2011, every person in the world can be given one pair of socks.
12. The suicide rate in China is more than double that in the United States. China has a suicide rate of 22.2 per 100,000 people.
13. China is about the size of the Americas, but has a time zone. Beijing Standard Time Zone is the time zone of the whole of China. However, despite having five time zones in China, Mao Zedong declared a time zone in 1949. As a result, the sun rises at 10 pm in many parts of China.
14. China’s food system feeds 25 percent of the world’s population. And for this, only 6 percent of China’s arable land has to be used. This food production has tripled since 1986.
15. The cost to the Chinese people will triple by 2020. In 2010, the amount was 2.03 trillion dollars. China is the number one market for luxury goods.
16. China has half the world’s pigs. That number is about 465 million. Because this country is the most eaten pig in the world.