Optimize your battery usage now!
Battery optimization features to increase battery life by keeping apps in dose mode or app standby.
Optimization is turned on by default and can be turned on / off as desired.
Apps that are off optimization can affect battery life.
Android 8.x and higher
From a Home screen, swipe up or down to access the App screen then navigate to SettingsApps.
- Menu Icon Tap on the menu icon (top-right) then tap on Special Access.
- Tap Optimize Battery Usage.
- Dropdown menu Tap the dropdown icon (at the top) then tap All.
If you like, tap on the app switch (s) to turn the switch on or off.
- Optimized disabled apps or services show gray out.
Android 6.x – 7.x
1. From a Home screen, navigate to AppsSettingsBattery.
Tap more (top-right) then tap Optimize battery usage.
2. If not available, navigate to: Battery usage (next to approximate battery life)> or the menu icon menu icon Optimized battery usage.
3. Tap the dropdown menu dropdown icon (at the top) then tap all apps.
4. If you like, tap on the app switch (s) to turn the switch on or off.
5. The color of the switch may change.
Optimized disabled apps or services show gray out.
Battery optimization features
- Starts when the device is stationary and does not charge and the screen is off.
- Prevents the device from syncing and accessing the network, scanning Wi-Fi, etc.
- Allows SMS, MMS, phone calls, alarms and amber alerts to still work.
- The sound/vibration of the alarm clock stops when the device is removed, the screen is turned on.Not affected by notifications.
- Protects battery power by preventing apps from accessing the network, syncing, etc. when not in use or generating any user-visible notifications.
- Stops when the device is activated or plugged in.
- Improve battery life