Bajra Shahi Jame Mosque of Mughal architecture
Mughal architecture is scattered in different parts of Bangladesh. Similarly, the Bajra Shahi Mosque, a monument of Mughal architecture, is located about 15 km north-west of Begumganj Upazila Sadar in the Noakhali district.
The mosque was built in 1641 during the reign of Mughal Emperor Muhammad Shah under the supervision of Aman Ullah and Sana Ullah, the jagirdars of the pargana. The mosque was built in Mughal architecture in imitation of the Delhi Shahi Mosque.
The naming history of the mosque is known from the fact that Umar Shah, a prominent missionary from Iran, came to the region in a barge or small royal boat to spread Islam. That is why it is called Bajra Shahi Mosque.
Later, in 1926, Khan Bahadur Ali Ahmed and Khan Bahadur Mujir Uddin, zamindars of Bajra, undertook the renovation of the mosque. At present, the mosque is decorated in a special way with a combination of porcelain plates, cups, and small and large pieces of glass. This method is called chinidana work or chinidikri.